Saturday 1 March 2014

Rebel

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Rebel




I've been working on this screen for the past week and have been plagued with indecision and uncertainty of what to actually do. It wasn't supposed to be a Star Wars theme, but hey, what can you do? Sometimes these are the droids you're looking for. I had originally planned to use a live wallpaper, and by no means am I telling you not to, but for some reason this wallpaper stuck. I don't know about you guys, but I like it.

As some of you may already know, I usually post a lengthy tutorial that goes into excruciating detail about each module and widget. Not this time. HALLELUJAH! It's just too much; too much time for everyone involved, and redundant when I just post a link to all the templates and Tasker projects at the end.

Pointless, really.

This time around I'll just post a link here, and give you a brief rundown of the features.

On the top, you've got the time, battery level, and status, as well as some text taken from Google Now notifications. It will change depending on what the notifications say, and whether there's a title and text, or not. At the bottom, there's a play/pause button, a shortcut to Google Play music that changes the text to the song title and artist name if you have a track playing, as well as Hangouts and Google+ notifications. It's fairly simple, but it gets the job done.

Many thanks to +Bryan Raymond for helping me realize that you need the beta version of Tasker to import the xml file. I'd also recommend signing up for the beta versions of Zooper Widget Pro and +João Dias's AutoApps (you'll need to check each individual app here to sign up). It's worth the minor bugs and hiccups. Believe me.

For this screen you'll need:

Tasker
Zooper Widget Pro
Media Utilities
AutoNotification Pro

If you want to switch out the apps you monitor for notifications (say, Facebook or Twitter), simply change the app and package names for the AutoNotification states in Tasker, as well as the variable names in Tasker and Zooper.

If you need any help, I'm always here.

Please feel free to +1, comment, share, and follow. There's always more on the horizon!
If you have any suggestions for features or themes you'd like to see in the future, I'd be more than happy to work it into my next project.

Thanks for tuning in, and may the Force be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment