Sunday 13 April 2014

Weathered

This was a project that was inspired by +Binod Ray's home screen, shared by +chris augustine. Chris had the idea that the wallpaper should change with the weather conditions and I thought it was such a great idea, I thought I'd make it myself! Now, Zooper Widget, though an endlessly wonderful app, has a bit of an issue with bitmap scaling, so the images are a little distorted. That being said, I still think I did a pretty good job...


This was made with Nova Prime, a 16 x 9 grid, no margins or shadows, blah, blah blah. If you follow this blog, you know the drill. This time (if you don't already have it enabled), you will need to allow overlapping widgets.

The dynamic weather widget is in the back, 7 x 16, squashed right up next to the right side of the screen.

Next comes the bottom, triangular notification widget. This one is 7 x 9. The icons at the bottom will increase in size when you receive new notifications (shameless plug alert) courtesy of the Android Workbench companion app.

Finally, the comes the top clock and weather widget at 7 x 10. I did my best to replicate the original for those who want something similar, but I did make a few changes because, hey, I'm different. Of course, you're free to apply the original widgets and icons if you so desire.

To apply this this theme, download the templates and resources here, copy the Weathered Images folder into the Zooper Widget bitmaps folder using your favourite file explorer, and copy the .ttf into the font folder. Once that's done, go nuts!

For the Android Workbench companion app settings, open the app, go into 'Apps' and select Dialer (DIALR), Gmail (GMAIL), Google+ (GPLUS), Hangouts (HNGTS) and Twitter (TWTTR). You can, as always, choose the ones you use more frequently, and if you don't see an app you want on the list, LET ME KNOW!!!

Feel free to share this with your friends, show off your setups on the AW community, +1 on Google+, tweet @DroidBench, pass it around it on Facebook (I feel so unclean asking you to do that), or drop me a line the old fashioned way.

Thanks for reading!

#WorkIt

No comments:

Post a Comment